A sim only deal gives you a package of minutes, texts and data. The thing you don’t get is the handset. This helps keep the price of the sim plan down so you only pay for what you need.
Sim only plans which are PAYG or 30 days in length usually won’t require a contract, 12 month plans or longer however usually require a contract.
Some companies do not run credit checks and others are normally ran just to prove identity.
If credit checks are required for taking out a plan, the eligibility is usually lower than that of someone taking out a handset.
You generally won’t have a credit check for Pay As You Go
When browsing the site just click on the sim card image to find out more information about the sim plan.
Data use will vary greatly from user to user, you can have a rough guess of what you may use by looking at the list below, alternatively some networks have data calculators to give you a better idea.
Hour of web browsing : 20-25MB
30 emails(no attachments : 1MB
2 hour movie(Standard definition) : 1.5-1.9GB
2 hour movie(High definition) : 3.5-4.5GB
Streaming Netflix(Standard definitition) : 700MB per hour
Streaming Netflix(High definitition) : Up to 3GB per hour
Downloading a song : 2-6MB per song
Streaming music : 70-90MB per hour
Online gaming : 30-50MB
Most networks now provide “multi-sims” which combine the majority of the sim sizes so its very likely that your new sim will fit your device.
However always check beforehand to avoid disappointment.
A lot of sim plans now work in the EU, however please check with your service provider before making any calls or texts or using data.
If going outside the EU please check what countries your sim will work in as it can vary from network to network.
Absolutely, if your sim is 5G it means it is enabled for the next generation of the mobile network, you can still use it in a non-5G phone.
When you get a 5G capable device, you will receive 5G speed and quality. Check with the mobile network to see if 5G is available in your area.
To use 5G you will need a 5G enabled device(phone or tablet) and a 5G sim card.
Yes, you should be able to bring your number to your new sim plan.
Just contact your old network and ask for your PAC code (Port Authorisation Code).
Give your PAC code to your new network so they can transfer your number for you.
We have found that ad blockers can affect some images from showing, if images are not showing for you please disable ad blocking on our site
On the sim search page near the top you will see the word “FILTER”, tap that and the filters to choose minutes, texts, data etc will slide out.
This is usually caused by a cache issue. Please clear your cache on your phone.
In Chrome App :
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More .
- Tap History. Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Tap Clear data.
In Firefox App:
- Tap the menu icon located at the top right corner. This is the icon with 3 bars. On older Android devices you’ll have to press the hardware menu key and then tap More.
- Tap Settings.
- After that, you will be taken to the settings screen. In the settings screen, look under the section Privacy & Security and select Clear private data.
- You will then be taken to a list of what can be cleared. Select the following for deletion:
- After that has been selected, tap the Clear data button to actually clear the cache and cookies.
In Safari App:
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Safari.
- Scroll down again and tap Clear History and Website Data, tap it once again to confirm.